Sierra Nevada is fantastic in summer for various reasons.
There is so much more water than anyone imagines. Throughout the summer, wonderful springs flow in all the valleys.
The temperature is extremely pleasant in summer, cool in the mid-mountains and even cold in the high mountains.
Very long distances can be covered in the hills, there are infinite valleys and infinite roads.
It is the highest mountain range in the Iberian Peninsula, and is like a wall facing the sea and the Vega of Granada. The rest of the Andalusian sierras in the Penibetic System provide a perfect background landscape.
At Telemark, we organise all types of personalised activities. Ask us for a quote. We specialise in groups and clubs.
Trekking/Mountaineering is the ideal all-year-round activity in Sierra Nevada.
At Telemark Sierra Nevada, since 1991 we have been organising circuits for foreign agencies based on mountaineering in the Sierra Nevada and the Cabo de Gata Natural Park in Almeria.
In summer, we are based in the fantastic village of Güejar Sierra, 1,150 metres above sea level with a very pleasant climate.Contact
Biking is a perfect option for descending the Sierra Nevada Station. Alternatively, there are itinerant circuits. The mountain range includes many pistes that surround it at an altitude ranging between 1,100 and 2,000 metres. Pedalling in this terrain is great.
Telemark Sierra Nevada offers you this organised activity with a Guide and support vehicle that takes you there and picks you up.Contact
1. El Calar de Güejar (1.895 m): 4 hours from Güejar and back.
2. El Trevenque (2.079 m.): 4:30 am. Transfer by car to Fuente del Hervidero.
3. El Veleta (3.398 mt.): 5 hours departing from the Albergue Universitario accommodation via the Valley of San Juan.
4. Mulhacén (3.482 mts.) Southern slope: 2 days. Departing from Capileira. Night in the Poqueira shelter.
5. From Güejar to La Atalaya (3.158 m.): 2 days. Descent towards Río Genil. Night in the Cortijo de la Loma del Puesto.
6. From Güejar to Trevélez by La Vereda de la Estrella and the top of Mulhacén (3.482 m.): 3 days. A bivouac night, and another night in a shelter. Carrying mule for the first day.
7. Full Crossing of the Tresmiles of Sierra Nevada: 4 days.
8. Travesía Full Crossing of Sierra Nevada: 6 days. From Cerro de la Polarda to Cerro del Caballo.
9. Discovery Circuit of Sierra Nevada: 6 days.
10. Sierra Nevada - Cabo de Gata - Granada Circuit: 14 days.
GUARANTEED DEPARTURES: SIERRA NEVADA, THE HIGHEST MOUNTAINS OF THE IBERIAN PENINSULA
An itinerary through the highest mountain range of the Iberian Peninsula, walking for 5 days. The first two, with a fixed stay in Güéjar Sierra (the last village in the Genil river basin), we cross medium and high mountain areas such as the historic path “Vereda de la Estrella” and the Pico del Veleta (3,398 m). On the third day, we climb the Trevenque peak, with a surprising desert landscape and in the afternoon, we go to the white villages of the Granada Alpujarra: Capileira, Bubión and Pampaneira. The last two days we will make the mythical ascent of the Pico del Mulhacén (3,485 m), spending the night in a mountain shelter. We spend the last night in Trevélez.
- Day 1: Arrival at Güejar Sierra (Granada)
- Day 2: Ascent to the top of the Veleta (3,398 m). Night in Güejar Sierra.
- Day 3: Vereda de la Estrella. Night in Güejar Sierra.
- Day 4: Pico del Trevenque and Trekking in the White villages of Alpujarras. Night in Capileira.
- Day 5: Poqueira Shelter.
- Day 6: Trevelez via Mulhacen (485 m). Night in Trevélez.
- Day 7: Transfer to Granada or Güejar Sierra.
VAT included. Guaranteed departure from 2 people:
- Retail price: €655 / person.
- Supplement for groups (4 and 5 people): €45 / person.
- Supplement for groups (2 and 3 people): €110 euros / person.
- Single room supplement: €86.
- Accommodation described: 2** Hotel / Apartment in Güejar Sierra, Poqueira Shelter, 3*** Rural Hotel in Capileira and 2** Hotel in Trevélez.
- Bed and breakfast in Güejar Sierra.
- Half board in the Poqueira shelter, in Capileira and in Trevélez.
- 5 picnics for mountain days.
- Support vehicle during the tour.
- Mountain Guide qualified as a Sports Technician in Mid-Mountain and authorised by the Active Tourism Companies Registry of the Autonomous Government of Andalusia.
- Accident insurance.
- Civil Liability Insurance.
- Dinners in Güejar Sierra not included.
- Lunch on day 7 not included.
- June 2019: 22-06 / 29-06
- July 2019: 06-07 / 13-07 / 20-07 / 27-07
- August 2019: 10-08 / 17-08 / 24-08 / 31-08
- September 2019: 07-09 / 14-09
MOUNTAIN BIKING ITINERARIES
1. Pradollano - Collado de la Carhiela - Orjiva. Full Day.
2. Jeres del Marquesado - Refugio Postero Alto - La Calahorra. Full Day.
3. Puerto de la Ragua - Cerro del Almirez - Laujar de Andarax. Full Day.
4. Trevélez - Bubión - Pampaneira - Orgiva. Full Day.
We organise the complete route (8 days) or by individual stages.
It is a route for mountain biking with a circular route that borders the whole Sierra Nevada. The route runs at an altitude that normally oscillates between 1,500 and 2,000 m. Its total length is approximately 450 km. It consists of 8 stages ranging from 45 to 80 km.
Most of the route runs along dirt roads and pistes. However, there are two small sections that are not passable by bike in stage 8, where you will have to get off the bike and walk.
TELEMARK SIERRA NEVADA PROVIDES YOU WITH COVERAGE ON THE ROUTE: Specialised Bicycle Guides, support vehicles, management of lodgings and/or camping, etc.